Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Quick: Home-body or Get-Up-and-Go?

At the moment, I'm very tired, so it's hard to remember that my decision all week was that at this very moment, I was going to be up and going....

There's a light festival in the Old City of Jerusalem. Every year, I'm busy with something else. This year is no exception, except that I decided it would be. And despite a hectic week, and a crowded night, my plan was to make it to the Old City. That is, I was going to be ready to leave for the sights (and sounds) by 9:00 PM.

The bad choice was last night - when, despite that very long list of things to do...I did other things...and didn't fall asleep until close to 3:00 AM. That's really only a problem because I was up at 5:35...and out an hour later.

For the record, that gave me the schedule I planned for myself for today. It just wasn't as fun as it was supposed to be. Because I was too tired...

Which makes me realize that staying home now is indeed the better part of wisdom, as I'm too tired to jump into the experience (a few hours' walk through the Jewish Quarter of the Old City). Instead, take a look at this picture, which is the locale that enticed me to want to go see what's what. I saw this place in the daylight at least three times in the past 10 days. So here is what I'm missing:

No comments:

Post a Comment