Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Problem with Momentum...

...is depending on it.

Namely, the momentum of writing each day of this month was serving me well. Until sleep won yesterday, even before I'd made a conscious decision to defer blogging.

Yesterday's decision indeed pertains to momentum, however. That is, the notion of continuing what you've begun because you've begun it and therefore can continue.

The most prominent application of this "continuing" yesterday (when this post should have been written) was exercise in the face of the wall of wanting to sleep instead. Pilates, as it happens. I did not have my usual strength - I really have been bone tired. But I kept going and certainly felt better afterwards - both physically and for keeping up the routine (having a great instructor doesn't hurt either).
http://www.beyondthebodypilates.com/

How about you? Is there anything that momentum gets you to do? Are you glad? Would you rather stop?

No comments:

Post a Comment