Search This Blog

Friday, June 1, 2012

In the Merry Merry Month of......June?




I've decided to give myself the "Choices Challenge." Namely: my claim is that every day is a series of decisions, great and small. So each day of June (consciously 30 days), I intend to write about one of the many decisions of the day (I'll work the "features" in, never fear).

---------------------------

Did you ever want to be someone you aren't? Pretty sure everyone breathing has, at some time or other. Did you ever want to be the person you know yourself to be, but feel you aren't at that moment? Assuredly, this imbalance may be felt in all kinds of serious matters. Me, I'm just wondering where my blonde highlights went. When I was little, my hair was dirty blonde. Then, it darkened to light brown. Then it darkened to brown, but at least I had blonde highlights with a bit of red (more blonde, though). It was interesting - or a little bit interesting, when examined closely. Caught the light, and all that. Now, though, my hair is plain old brown. Not a bad color as colors go. Not as dull as it could be. But nothing intriguing either, not even from an angle. I'm hoping that some lemon juice and Jerusalem sun will retrieve them from their hiding place.

NOT me.
My hair is a lot longer, but these colors are what I mean by "interesting," and remind me of my old self.

(The day's decision, if you missed it, was to douse myself with lemon juice before running errands in the sunshine.)

A merry month to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment