Search This Blog

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Quick: Hot Water - When?

This preference inquiry requires a bit of explanation.

Some time ago, in a friendly session of comparing notes, I discovered that the people who tend to prefer very hot showers also tend to prefer less hot hot-drinks. Conversely, the people who like their beverages "dangerously hot" - with no lawsuits in sight - seem to like their hot showers more tepid. Granted, there are exceptions. There always are. But in many circles that know nothing about each other, I have found this divide to be true.

Does it apply to you? Are you a hot shower/warm drinks person? Or a hot drinks/warm shower person?

Sometimes, a cold shower is called for, and often a cold drink is required. These circumstances are outside the parameters of today's query.

Me, I like hot hot showers. I've only recently begun sampling hot drinks - and I don't mind when they cool off before I taste.

6 comments:

  1. Nah. Hot. Everything and always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hot hot showers; hot but not lip-burning coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hot shower! hot drinks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. weird!
    hot showers, warm (not burning drinks)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot showers! Very hot. Drinks, I like them hot, too. But not burn the roof of your mouth hot.

    ReplyDelete