Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

decisionsdecisions.com (not exactly)

Deciding to blog meant that I had to make a number of immediate decisions.

For starters, I needed a URL.

choices.blogspot.com was taken.  It's a site about the death penalty called "Capital Punishment: What Are Your Views on the Death Penalty?"  It has one post.  Dated June 21, 2001.  Yes, 2001.

decisions.blogspot.com was also taken.  It's a site that seems to be by a girl in the throes of college applications called "Decisions Decisions."  It has two posts.  They, at least, are from December 2010.

"Decisions Decisions" gave me the idea to try decisionsdecisions.blogspot.com.  Guess what?  It's taken.  There is no blog there.  But the site is reserved, clearly, for some blogger who isn't blogging.

Okay, what about decisionsdecisionsdecisions.blogspot.com?  Yes, also taken.  By a small publishing company, to test book covers.  It's called "Decisions Decisions Decisions," which is, at least, logical.  It has 2 posts.  One from April 2008, and one from October 2008.

choosing.blogspot.com was taken too.  "What I Know about Choice."  No posts.

I refuse to let this lack of posts be prophetic.

chchchchchoices.blogspot.com was available.  But I realized that even though I was able to think of it, it really is just too kitschy for me (chchchchchanges...).

So frustration won.  The same frustration that I feel when I am taking too long (by my own estimation, and likely anyone else's).  Because it really was just taking too long.  You know, that feeling of: JUST DECIDE ALREADY!!  Fortunately, that wasn't taken.

decidealready.blogspot.com

And I already have 4 posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment