Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Growing into Delays (and Out of Them)

I began this blog because I knew I wanted to be writing, and I had found a topic to explore, as decision-making effects every aspect of life, to a greater or lesser extent.

I still know that I want to be writing, and I have much to explore in my chosen topic of "choices."

When I began back at the end of April, a nay-sayer inquired: How do you possibly have time to blog?

I answered that, firstly, when I have more things on my plate, I am more likely to accomplish them. And secondly, by focusing on the brief essays of blog-posts, I would sharpen my powers of expression for other writing that is incumbent upon me to complete. And thirdly, I would not let blogging interfere with the academic tasks I have undertaken.

Thus, I disappeared for more than a month. 38 days to be exact. The academic writing is taking precedence. It is also taking over my life - in a not entirely altogether bad way. But I will be glad to return to a more diverse schedule, and I have decided - every post needs decisions! - to post the juicy posts I have cooking in the next few days, deadlines or no.

Committing myself to write more, at this point, will force me to write more. Win-win, as far as I am concerned.

Thanks for being patient. I do hope I'm finally "back."

2 comments:

  1. Here's to a year of more blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Glad that I checked today. Looking forward to the upcoming "juicy posts!"

    ReplyDelete