Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

When Deciding Is Not Enough...

This blog being point in fact...

Back in August, I made a great decision. I was going to blog much more often...I even mapped out topics I wanted to consider in this forum. It was a fine decision. But deciding was not enough, as, here it is, coming to the end of the month, and I have fewer posts than any previous month. How can that possibly be?

I would like to claim that it is because I was busy skydiving off Mount Everest, or dancing on Broadway, or plumbing the depths of the Mediterranean, or finding a cure for cancer, or running a marathon, or negotiating peace between Israel and the Palestinians, or breeding champion race horses, or baking the perfect loaf of bread, or building my dream house with my own two hands, or composing for the Boston Symphony Orchestra....

But really, I have very little idea where the time went.

Now, with Rosh HaShanah around the corner (that is, in 9 hours), I will not be able to make good on my decision to blog frequently this month...September is nearly over. But the Jewish New Year is a prime time to rectify regrets...So here's hoping for a glorious new year, for blogging and, more importantly, if truth be told, everything else.

(And now for the sappy comment: Deciding might not be enough, but without deciding, I'm not sure how far any of us would get...which leaves me little choice but to continue to try.)

No comments:

Post a Comment